Each of these parcels is a mouthful of flavour intensity. Salty, sweet, umami, and a little heat from the radish sprouts and chilli.
I have used prosciutto in this recipe, as it is easy to find in most supermarkets. But if you haven’t tried it yet, try black forest ham. It is, perhaps obviously, from the Black Forest in Germany, and to me has a much deeper and more interesting flavour than prosciutto.
If you cannot find pomelo, try grapefruit.
Pomelo salad wrapped in prosciutto
- 4 slices prosciutto or try black forest ham - very delicious
- 1/2 pomelo prepared into segments (about 1 cup after being broken up)
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts
- 2 large mild chilles finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup crispy shallots
- 1 Tbsp good fish sauce prefer Vietnamese, more subtle than Thai
Break up the pomelo and allow to drain, reserving the juice
Combine pomelo juice, fish sauce, and chopped coriander.
Combine the pomelo, sprouts, chillies, shallots, and fish sauce coriander mixture
Allow to drain
Wrap pomelo salad in slices of prosciutto and serve